Responsibilities and Duties
In general you will be responsible for building a Cloud Native stack mostly coded in Golang.
- Intermediate+ to advanced knowledge of Golang, and how to build network services using the Go stack and common libraries
- Strong understanding of core technologies such as TLS, HTTPS router design, back end database access using pgsql or pgx.
- Proven experience building scalable, durable cloud services.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, and experience using MySQL, Postgresql or an equivalent modern backend SQL system
- Experience using session management technologies and a key value or similar storage system such as Redis.
- Be prepared to explain how services can be designed to scale horizontally. Know how to build a microservice which can scale across many nodes.
- Some understanding of performance enhancing technologies is important - such as a caching architecture for API calls. Some experience in implementing a caching architecture is a great plus.
- Improve the team as an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing and new initiatives).
- The desire to work with junior engineers and help these junior engineers become better software engineers. Experience mentioned junior engineers desired.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical field – Goalng cloud native development / microservice experience is mandatory.
- Very strong oral and written English language skills. UK and American participants in a video call should be able to easily communicate with you.
- Flexibility to work during non-business hours in your country / time zone of residence. Some, but not all work will require overlap with those working general business hours in India and Western Europe.
- Can hit the ground running – fast learner that can become familiar with what we do and start contributing quickly.
- Working within an agile team to collaboratively influence the solutions we create and the processes we use as a technical function.
- 10+ years of work-related proven full time experience with software engineering or operations
- 4+ years experience with Golang development for Cloud Native / k8s related projects
- Experience with either AWS, Azure, GKE (the more the better)
- Strong Linux and scripting skills to include Bash, Python
- Complete understanding of Docker and how to build applications in a Docker container for deployment on k8s
Salary and Benefits
- Remote work-from-home work environment
- Flexible Hours
- Unlimited PTO vacation policy
- Competitive salary package